The lower part of your body consists of the biggest and strongest muscles which can bear heavier weights.
But what beginners should know that they shouldn’t use too heavy weights in the beginning, or doing heavy squats.
Squats are a great complex exercise which targets a lot of lower muscles but you need to learn how to properly perform it and strengthen the muscles which you will use later.
1.Quads is a muscle group which consists of four muscles at the front part of the thigh.
These muscles are the main muscles which are used when doing leg press, leg extension, squats, lunge or other similar exercises.
2.Hamstrings are the main muscles which are used when doing leg curls.
3.Gluteals are the muscles from which the buttocks are made up of.
4.Hip flexors are muscles at the front of the pelvis which let you extend your legs to the front.
5.The calves are the muscles in the lower leg.
Exercises for beginners
- Leg press – 1 set of 10 to 15 repetitions. It targets the quads but also the hamstrings and glutes in a lower level.
- Leg extension – 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions. This exercises is great if you want to add definition to your quads.
- Hamstring curl – 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions. You are isolating the hamstrings with this exercise.
- Standing calf raise – 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions. An exercise which targets the gastrocnemius muscle.
- Seated calf raise – 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions. You are targeting the soleus muscle with this exercise.
Like with all other exercises you need to schedule and do exercises for specific muscle groups.
Firstly, you should include your exercises for the lower body in a program that’s similar to the one we’ve suggested below:
Day 1: Abs, Biceps, Back
Day 2: Abs, Shoulders, Hamstrings
Day 3: Forearms, Quads, Calves
Day 4: Abs, Chest, Triceps,
Do one set for the first few weeks, and later on add one set a week.
After three months you will be ready to do more intensive workouts.