Important Things To Know About Your Muscles

Skeletal muscles, which give the external form of the body and perform all his movements, represent about 40 percent of your body weight.

muscular

It’s an impressive muscle mass, whose function is extremely important for the organism.

The muscular system is battery energy of the organism and agitator of the nervous, cardiovascular and respiratory functions.

The number of transverse striated skeletal muscles have dark and light horizontal bars.

There are 327 even and 2 odd or 656 total muscles.

When talking about muscles, we do not mean the heart muscle or the transverse striated skeletal muscles. We just mean those muscles that are connected bone to bone.

All skeletal muscles are made up of muscle fibers that have the ability to spasm (contraction).

These fibers are quite long (5-20 cm) with rounded or pointed ends, which are free or bind to the cords.

Each muscle fiber consists of a thin, transparent and elastic membrane, which separates it from other fibers.

More muscle fibers are gathered in a bundle that is coated with a stronger shell.

woman muscle

More of these bundles are connected into a larger, secondary beam which is also enveloped by the casing. All these bundles are connected with tendons to the bones.

Every muscle is composed of a head, middle section and a part which is located where the muscle fuses with the bone (tail).

Skeletal muscles contain 72-80 percent water and 20-25 percent dry residue.

Proteins are contained in 85 percent of the dry residue, the remaining 15 percent are nitrogen and various nitrogen- free substances, phosphorus compounds, lipids and mineral salts.

 

Table of chemical composition of muscles

Name of substance ( in % )

Water –  72-80
Organic substances –  20-26
Protein – 6.3 to 20.9
Glycogen – 0.3 – 0 0 9 (sometimes 2)
Phosphates – 0.4 to 1 0, 0
Cholesterol – 00,03 – 0 23
Keratin-creatine phosphate –  0.2 to 0, 55
Creatinine – 0.003 to 0.005
Carnosine – 0.2 to 0 0 3
Carnitine – 0 .02 to 0, 05
Anserine – 0 .09 to 0, 15
Free amino acids –  0.1 to 0 0 7
Urea –  0.002 to 0, 2
Lactic acid – 0 .01 to 0 .02
Inorganic salt – 0.0 to 1, 5 

 

Including

K – An average of 0.32

Na – An average of 0.08    

Ca – An average of 0,007

MG – An average of 0,02 mg

Cl – An average of 0.07

P – An average of 0.2

 

The chemical composition of muscles constantly changes according to the function of the muscle.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.