If you want to change your way of training and you are not satisfied with muscle progress (or to long you are allowing one same training program with the same schedule of workouts and your body is used for a long time for this kind of training and simple is not forced to have a new muscle progress and increased strength) it may need to increase the intensity of your workout with practicing some new advanced training technique.
What represents cluster set training method?
Cluster set training technique it comprises sequentially performing a number of series ( often 6-10 series from same workout ) with performing the same number repeating and using the same weight in all series, with limited time for resting between every series in order to allow gradual exhaustion on given muscle group.
For example,performing on a given workout with practicing on this training method it doing 10 series from bench- press workout with 4 repetitions in series and exactly certain rest from 20 – 30 seconds between every series with using middleweight.
Number of series and number of repetition in series is individually from the bodybuilder by number of series need to be 6 – 10, and number of repetition in a series can be 4 – 8 repetitions with that the number of repetition need to be equal or less from the number of series ( unless when exercise are performed for leg muscles were is done 8 series with repetition of 10 times in a series).
About the resting between every series it need to be 20 – 60 seconds (unless is done death lifting or squats it can and need to be bigger than the other exercise what will be 60 – 90 seconds ).
What all bodybuilders need to notice when they decides to practice this training method is increasing the weight in every next training for given workout by the weight from the last training (actually if this week on a bench – press exercise is used 60 kg and is 10 series with 4 repetitions in a series and rest 30 seconds between every series ,then next training for chest for this same exercises it need to be done 10 series with 4 repetitions in a series with using weight what well be 5% – 10% heavier regarding the weight from the previous week ).
Next choice of series ,number of repetition in a series and rest between series is choice for this training program:
- 10 x 4 or 10 x 5 Cluster set series – Are done 10 series with 4-5 repetitions in series with 30 – 45 seconds of rest between each series. This approach is great for performing complicated workouts for bigger muscle groups like the muscles of the chest, shoulders back.
- 8 X 4 or 8 x 6 Cluster set series – This approach ( 8 x 4 ) it is recommended for complex workouts like death lifting and squats and thus do 8 series with 4 repetitions in series and 45 – 90 seconds of resting between each series with using bigger weight.
- The 8 x 6 approach is recommended for performing the exercise for the muscles of the back box and some complex workouts for back were it have 30 – 60 seconds rest between each series and its done 8 series with 6 repetitions in series.
- 6 x 6 Cluster set series – This approach is for performing isolation workout from bigger muscle groups ( muscle on chest, shoulders, beck and legs )approach is done 6 series with 6 repetitions in a series and 20 – and 20 – 45-second number 1 (death ends of rest between series.
Choice and schedule workouts in this training program.
Training number 1 – (Back & Biceps)
- Training number 1 ( Deadlifting – Deadlift ) with practicing of 8×4 Cluster set series.
- Training number 2 ( Barbell Rows ) with practicing 8x6Cluster set series.
- Training number 3 ( Front Pulldowns ) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series.
- Training number 4 ( Dumbbell or Barbell curls ) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series.
- Training number 5 ( Dumbbell Hammer Curls ) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series.
Training number 2 – Chest and triceps
- Training number 1 ( Bench Press ) with practicing 10×4 Cluster set series.
- Training number 2 ( Incline Dumbbell Press ) with practicing 10×5 Cluster set series.
- Training number 3 ( Dumbbell Flys ) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series.
- Training number 4 ( Skullcrushers ) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series.
- Training number 5 ( Dumbbell Extensions ) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series.
Resting two days
Training number 3 – Shoulders and trapeze
- Training number 1 (Overhead Barbell Press) with practicing 10×4 Cluster set series.
- Training number 2 (Arnold Press) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series
- Training number 3 (Side Laterals ) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series
- Training number 4 (Dumbell or Barbell Shrugs) with practicing 6×6 Cluster set series
Training number 4 – Legs
- Training number 1 ( Squats)with practicing 8×4 Cluster set series
- Training number 2 (Leg Extensions)with practicing 6×6 Custer set series.
- Training number 3 (Hamstring Curls or Romanian Deadlift)with practicing 8×6 set series.
- Training number 4 (Seated or Standing Calf Raises)with practicing 8×10 Cluster set series.