In this article we show you the perfect workout for building your biceps and developing a sculpted back.
This workout consists of 4 sets of each exercise and uses the “hypertrophy approved” 8 – 12 repetition range. You should include this amazing workout into your routine and perform it once a week. To achieve great building gains, keep doing it for 6 weeks before you change something.
You should start your routine with this movement for a reason. Begin by performing as many pull – ups as you can.
- Start with your hands placed shoulder width apart and pull your body upwards.
- Move your elbows until you reach your lats and contract them at the highest position.
- Once you feel fatigued, get a resistance band for more support and keep going until failure.
2. Lat Pull-Down
This multi – joint movement targets more different muscle groups. You can put your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart, but if it feel uncomfortable, use a narrow grip. The difference in the grip doesn’t affect muscle activation. But, ensure you use an overhand grip.
- Lean back on the concentric part of the exercise.
- Focus on touching your chest with the bar to achieve the full range of motion.
3. Bent Over Barbell Row
- Make sure your core is tight when you bend over.
- Pull the bar into your stomach with each repetition.
- Lower the bar down slightly past your knees and make sure your back is straight.
4. Bent Over Dumbbell Row
The most important thing about this movement is to keep your tight core when you hinge forwards. To make sure you get the best out of the exercise:
- Pull the weights close to your ab muscles.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades at the contracted position.
5. Single Arm T-Bar Row
This exercise targets everything – from traps and lats to shoulders and pulling muscles and your biceps:
- To strengthen each side individually work with one arm at a time.
- If you want to work with both your arms simultaneously you should use a close grip.
6. Barbell Biceps Curl
To get the most out of this movement and work your biceps as hard as you can you should use a drop set technique:
- Begin with the heaviest load you can use to perform 8 – 10 reps.
- Reduce it and perform 8 – 10 additional repetitions.
- Keep working with this weight.
7. Dumbbell Hammer Curl
For the first movement of this super set you should use a weight with which you can perform 8 – 10 reps without jeopardizing your form or swinging your upper body. Bear in mind that you should perform another biceps movement after this one, without any rest between them.
8. Rope Cable Curl
To get the most out of this exercise:
- Squeeze at the highest position and bring your wrists out so your thumbs face forwards.
- Make sure you keep your upper arms stationary and your elbows in throughout the whole movement.
9. Concentration Curl
- Since you perform this movement with your upper arm placed against your leg, you hit the biceps more.
- Avoid swinging to work with the biceps as much as possible.
- Work with one arm at a time.