1. Bananas help you suppress depression due to the high level of tryptophan they contain, which converts into serotonin.
2. Eat 2 bananas before an intense workout to maintain your blood sugar and gain energy.
3. Help you avoid muscle cramps during exercise and nighttime.
4. Help you build strong bones and stop calcium loss during urination.
5. Lessen PMS symptoms and improve your mood by regulating the blood sugar and producing stress – relieving relaxation.
6. Strengthen your blood and ease anemia due to the high level of iron.
7. Protect against type 2 diabetes, strengthen the nervous system, aid the production of white blood cells and reduce swelling due to the high levels of vitamin B6.
8. Because they are low in salt and high in potassium, bananas are able to protect against stroke and heart attacks and lower blood pressure.
Eating bananas assist digestion
9. Since they are rich in pectin, bananas assist with digestion and expel heavy metals and toxins from your body.
10. Due to the high levels of fiber they contain, bananas help normalize bowel movement.
11. Bananas act as a prebiotic and stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the bowel.
12. Bananas are calming to the digestive tract and help restore the lost electrolytes after diarrhea.
13. They are they only raw fruit which can be eaten without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by covering the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
14. Bananas act as a natural antacid, provide relief from heartburn, GERD and acid reflux.
Natural cures from bananas
15. Bananas protect they eyes from macular degeneration, build strong bones and can help prevent kidney cancer.
16. Since they are high in antioxidants, bananas provide protection from chronic diseases and free radicals.
17. Bananas make you smarter and help you learn by making you more alert due to the high levels of potassium.
18. Bananas reduce nausea and help stabilize blood sugar.
19. Avoid snacking between meals and control blood sugar by eating a banana.
20. Rub hives or a bug bite with the inside of a banana peel to relieve irritation and itching.
21. Bananas can lower down the body temperature and keep you cool during a fever.
22. Trying to quit smoking? Bananas are rich in B vitamins, magnesium and potassium which help you recover from the effects of withdrawal.
23. Bananas can help relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) due to the mood enhancer they contain – tryptophan.
24. You can remove a wart if you place the inside of a banana peel against the wart.
25. Rub the inside of the peel on your heather bag or shoes and polish with a cloth to make them shine.